Saturday 3 January 2015

Ubud, Bali

A day trip to Ubud was right on the top of our to do list.

 
Literally, we actually had a list.
After a few days of lounging by the villa pool, living, breathing and eating our way through the streets of Seminyak, we were craving more quiet from a green jungle.
Not such a bad place to stay though, huh?
 
An early breakfast quickly devoured and we soon found ourselves winding through the bustling roads of Bali.
 
 
We hired an extremely friendly and humorous driver name Nyoman for the day (so funny we hired him again another time).
 
It cost us about AUD 50 for the whole day but it was definitely well worth it.
 
He had no issue stopping along the roadside whenever we saw something we wanted to take a closer look at. And trust me, this happened more than once.
 
See these amazing pots?
 
 
The journey to Ubud is covered with stalls, warehouses and busy workshops filled with the most talented craftsmen you will ever meet.
 
We explored for a couple hours until we hit the winding corner of Ubud's beautiful Monkey Forrest. While the rest continued to duck into small shops selling scarves, sarongs and souvenirs, I roamed under Bali's sacred Banyan trees.
 
 
There's a gentle stir of sunlight.
 
And there are monkeys. Everywhere.
 
 
They are cute, don't get me wrong. But please promise me you'll hold onto your bag.
 
Although I'm sure this little guy would love to make good use of your new iPhone 6, I'm not sure you'd appreciate him calling your ex and smashing banana ALL over the screen,
 
 
He may also not want to give you your phone back. Cause you know, those things are addictive.
 
 
When the humidity finally got too much for us, we eventually stopped by a little restaurant a way up the street. We looked out for where the locals were. They'll always know where the good food is.
 
And honestly, it was probably one of the best meals we had in Bali.
 
 
How I want to lick the screen right now! I dream of satay would make a good name for a song, don't you think?
 
And don't let me get started on their fresh lime juice & pretty coconuts. I just couldn't say no.
 
Don't tell anyone but I may or may not have had two.
 
 

Please tell me you’re as much of a sucker when it comes to a coconut?

3 comments:

  1. GEEZ TAKE ME TO BALI NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps your body is insane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like I was right back in the lush tropical surrondings of Bali. Ubud is a dream!

    ReplyDelete