Friday 7 February 2014

Off the Charts in Seychelles

Some destinations can only really be explored by sea.
 
My first glimpse of island paradise came after anchoring at sunset in the romantic bay of Coco Island, Seychelles.
  

Though it was a still night, the sky danced for us. The day slowly faded.
 
We watched the stars get brighter until the waves eventually rocked us to sleep.
 
There's something about sailing until the sun gives up on you. Your mind feels free - like the ocean around you. You can't help but dream about what tomorrow will bring.
 
 
The next day arrived colourfully. When we all surfaced on deck, we were greeted with turquoise.
 
I love the water here. 
 
I dove in before breakfast, quickly befriending an ancient Hawksbill turtle. I wish I had a photo to show you. She was beautiful, swimming right up into our snorkelled faces and even playing with a ball we found on-board.
 

After pains au chocolat, we raised anchor and set sail towards the island of Félicité.

Sadly, turti had to stay behind.
 
 
Can I live out at sea forever?

11 comments:

  1. I felt like I was on vacation reading this post, keep up the lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty scenery maxine xx :) ( euni)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the water is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has given me wanderlust. Seychelles looks like a real paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camille @ Anything and Everything9 February 2014 at 23:55

    Gorgeous photos, looks like you're having such a fab time ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW have I never heard about place until now? It looks freaking amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks Amazing! Don't forget sunblock though I love your tan

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG you do not understand how jealous i am of you right now! Those pictures are so beautiful! The sea and the sky are just gorgeous! Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Who would not want to visit such a beautiful place after reading this? You write so well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete