Monday 7 April 2014

Mahé: My Paradise In The Trees

I have found the most unbelievable jungle escape.  
 

And it's right at the beauty of my own doorstep.
 
 
The entrance to this tropical forest is guarded by huge granite rocks & a large, ancient fig tree.
 
Like sacred ground, late afternoon light slowly trickles through.
 
 
And as if to pay our respects to the untouched world around us, we make our way barefoot through the quiet dark of the shade.
 
 
But trek a little through the fig tree's high doorway of branches and the forest suddenly explodes.
 
A luxury of green palms envelope from every direction.

 
As we walk, we quickly find the sound of the singing birds & the kind embrace of a bright, shining canopy.

 
I've stumbled into the garden of Eden.
 
And I feel wonderfully lost in a haven of wild bougainvillea & silky, freckled leaves.
 
 
 
When it was finally time to head back, I did find myself reluctant to leave...
 
 
Can you blame me? 

14 comments:

  1. Love love love this post! I'd be sure nice to get away from winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks fascinating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw, that looks amazing. I wish that I live there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for another great post full of gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, thanks for stopping by! I took these photos with my Nikon D60

      Delete
  7. What an amazing blog post! I am also a follower of yours on Instagram and love, love, love your photos. Your writing makes me dream. Pep Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool pictures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first photo of you is really mysterious walking into the forest. Love it! Regards from a warming Europe

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU ARE TOO GOOD OMG THIS IS AMAZING! You write so beautifully, Maixne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing pictures and words. You have to take me here one day! :)

    ReplyDelete