Monday 3 March 2014

Exploring Rock Heaven

Welcome to my Mahé secret!


The giant granite rocks of Danzille lie on the beautiful north-west coast of the main island in Seychelles.
 
A break in the jungle gracefully gives way to a small & unpaved road. Continue on & you'll soon be standing here...
 
 
Where the mountain meets the sea.
 
 
It's twelve acres of pure rock heaven.
 
So if you ever find yourself here, remember to step back, take in the view, and embrace the peace that surrounds it (though I'm sure you won't need reminding).
 
  
The fresh air is amazing here. And the calm ocean breeze always seems to take my imagination with it. I paint a house with wooden floors & hidden stairs that whisper down to a sparkling world in the ocean below.

There's a treasure of caves, underwater passages & vibrant reefs full of sea life.

 
But there is more to my Mahé secret than the paradise of this island's quiet corner.
 
 
Don't tell anyone, but you might just find me living in a little house here one day.
 
 
I sure hope you'll visit me...

12 comments:

  1. Wo-ow is all I can say! This place looks absolutely incredible and the view is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! You are so lucky to be from there. The water is so gorgeous as well! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing, Maxine! I'm green with envy! If only I owned a piece of land like that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i was there with you and we can enjoy this wonderous veiw together

    ReplyDelete
  5. ill gatecrash schellye and ill come party rocking with you :P and this is my promise to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a heavenly place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sensational stuff Max, your writing gives me euphoric chills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Sam! Hope you're enjoying another day in paradise

      Delete
  9. is this Pic taken on the way from laScala to Anse Major?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this even real life?!?!

    ReplyDelete