Friday 14 February 2014

Palms on Palms

The humidity of the day disappeared as we lay the under rustling palm trees of a plantation in Praslin, Seychelles.
 

After a late morning, we took a stroll & dipped our toes into the water of Anse Takamaka. It's beautiful here. I've come to know this place by the way my feet sink into the sand.

The even more beautiful thing? Take a few steps off of the beach & you're right in the heart of a coconut grove.

And we had the whole place to ourselves!

We spent the day kayaking, swimming & running around like children of the sun. But just like over excited kids, we were soon happily exhausted.
 
 
 
Lazio found a shaded spot in the sand.
 
We had our eyes on four lonely hammocks.
 
 
We ended up only using three. 
 
 
That is, until I finally managed to balance myself on the 'tricky one'.
 
Trust me, it was harder than it looks.

9 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! (And would be a quite lovely change from the sub-zeros I currently find myself in, I should think!).
    -Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun time,
    I would love to be by the beach right now!
    Have a wonderful Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely divine! It's always nice to have a beach all to yourself to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found a perfect secret spot...fab photos!...I love the shots with the palm leaves!..L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your images of dog Lazio. He is named after Anse Lazio? Une très très belle plage aussi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are beautiful, what kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noelle, for these shots I used my Nikon D60

      Delete
  7. Another good blog!

    ReplyDelete